If you are looking for a low carb, gluten free, keto alternative to traditional breadcrumbs, look no further! Whip up a batch of these quick and easy bread crumbs and store them in the freezer. The next time you make a recipe that calls for breadcrumbs, they will be right there waiting for you!
Macros per 2 Tbsp: Fat – 5g | Protein – 6 g | Net Carbs – 1g | Calories – 67
Ingredients: (makes 2 cups)
Almond Flour – 1/2 cup
Whey Protein Isolate – 1/2 cup
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Pink Himalayan Salt – 1/4 tsp
Xanthan Gum – 1/2 tsp
Ghee or Melted Butter – 1 Tbsp
Hot Water – 1/4 cup
Grated Parmesan Cheese – 1 cup
- Mix all dry ingredients (except Parmesan Cheese), then add Ghee/Butter and mix well to coat.
- Add hot water and mix well.
- Pour onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 375 F.
- Allow bread to cool completely, then pulse in a food processor until crumbly.
- Add Grated Parmesan Cheese and mix well.
- Store in a ziploc bag in the freezer until ready to use.
Note: This is a basic recipe for plain breadcrumbs but can be tailored to specific recipes with the use of various spices.