These quick and easy goat cheese stuffed mushrooms will impress anyone. They are super simple to make and taste so fancy. With just a few ingredients, turn plain jane mushrooms into a Keto appetizer that is sure to please.
Macros per Serving: Fat – 11g | Protein – 8g | Net Carbs – 1g | Calories – 133
You can find the recipe for Keto Breadcrumbs here: http://easytoketo.com/appetizers/keto-breadcrumbs-low-carb-gluten-free-bread-crumbs/
Ingredients: (serves 4)
Baby Bella or Cremini Mushrooms – 8 oz package, washed and patted dry. Remove stems.
Goat Cheese – 3 oz
Garlic Powder – 1/2 tsp
Red Chili Flakes – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Salt – 1/8 tsp or to taste
Heavy Whipping Cream – 2 Tbsp
Fresh Thyme – 1 tsp (dried thyme or Italian seasoning can be substituted)
Keto Breadcrumbs – 2 Tbsp (see recipe link above)
Olive Oil – 1 to 2 Tbsp
- In a small bowl, combine Goat Cheese, Garlic Powder, Red Chili Flakes, Salt & Heavy Whipping Cream.
- Add in Thyme Leaves and mix through.
- Stuff Goat Cheese mixture into Mushroom caps.
- Press cheese side of Mushrooms into Breadcrumbs so that it makes a coating.
- Dip each mushroom (not the breadcrumb side) into a small bowl with Olive Oil, ensuring that the bottom and sides are well coated.
- Place all mushrooms in a baking pan and bake for 15 minutes at 400F.
- Turn on the broiler for an additional 3-5 minutes until breadcrumbs are a golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.