This low carb, Keto chapati recipe produces the best tasting chapatis that come so close to the original not only in taste but also texture. They are soft and pliable, even the next day. Make a batch and refrigerate or freeze them for easy access. With only one net carb per chapati, you can now enjoy it with your favorite Indian meals. Use it for any meal that needs a low carb, keto wrap, tortilla or flat bread. The best part is the absence of the slimy mouth feel that most low carb flat breads seem to have.
Ingredients: (makes 9 chapatis)
Flaxseed Meal – 1/4 cup (30g)
Wheat Bran – 1/4 cup (20g)
Whey Protein Isolate – 1/4 cup (20g)
Coconut Flour – 1/4 cup (30g)
Almond Flour – 1/4 cup (30g)
Oat Bran – 1 Tbsp (7g)
Psyllium Husk – 2 Tbsp (12g)
Himalayan Pink Salt – 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder – 1/2 tsp
Boiling Water – 1 cup
- In a spice or coffee grinder, grind Flaxseed Meal, Wheat Bran, Oat Bran and Psyllium Husk to a fine powder.
- In a mixing bowl, add above mixture and all remaining ingredients except water. Mix well.
- Add Boiling Water and mix with a spatula until a dough ball forms.
- Cover and let dough rest for 5-10 mins.
- Divide dough into 9 small balls.
- Roll each dough ball out into a thin chapati in between 2 sheets of parchment paper.
- Place rolled chapati onto a hot skillet or tava and cook for approx 1 min.
- Flip chapati over and continue cooking for another 30-40 secs.
- Drizzle a small amount (1/2tsp) of Oil on the chapati and flip. Cook until both sides are cooked evenly and light golden brown.
- Remove chapati from heat and continue with the rest.
Macros per Chapati:
Fat – 3 g | Protein – 4 g | Net Carbs – 1 g | Calories – 69