Being Indian and on the Keto diet is tough when all the festivals and holidays come along. There is no shortage of desserts and sweets (mithai) that pop up at every corner and gathering. One of the key aspects of the Keto lifestyle is sustainability and not feeling left out when you see your friends and loved ones enjoying food and life. A few simple steps and a little pre-planning will most certainly help you maintain this lifestyle without feeling left out. Try this easy microwave Keto Ricotta Burfi or Keto Kalakand recipe. It’s perfect for celebrating holi, diwali, or any other festive holiday! Just remember to take a few pieces with you to enjoy at any party or social gathering.
Ingredients: (makes 24 pieces)
Whole Milk Ricotta – 2 cups
Erythritol – ½ cup
Heavy Whipping Cream – ¼ cup
Cardamom Powder – ½ tsp
Saffron – few strands
- In a microwave safe bowl with a lid, add Ricotta Cheese.
- Pinch Saffron strands with Erythritol to break them down and add to Ricotta.
- Add Heavy Whipping Cream and Cardamom Powder. Mix well.
- Cover and microwave in increments – 4+4+4+3+3=18 mins. In between every increment, stir mixture well to evenly cook. Every microwave is different so adjust time accordingly.
- When all visible moisture is gone, remove mixture from bowl and into a parchment paper lined pan.
- Press mixture evenly into pan and keep in refrigerator to set (approx 1 hr).
- Remove Burfi from pan by lifting up the parchment paper and cut into 24 even pieces.
Note: Burfi tastes best at room temperature but store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Macros per piece:
Fat – 4 g | Protein – 2 g | Net Carbs – 1 g | Calories – 45