If you are not a fan of the overly eggy Keto biscuit and bread recipes, you are in for a treat! Try this easy low carb Keto Biscuit recipe and you’ll see that the strong egg flavor is not necessary to enjoy a truly moist and delicious biscuit. Perfect on it’s own, with a slab of butter or as part of a breakfast sandwich (bacon/sausage, egg, cheese), your breakfast will never be the same again!
Macros per biscuit: Fat – 14g | Protein – 6g | Net Carbs – 2g | Calories – 175
Ingredients: (makes 4-5 biscuits)
Almond Flour (fine, blanched) – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Xanthan Gum – 1 tsp
Himalayan Salt – 1/2 tsp
Erythritol – 1 tsp (optional)
Butter – 2 Tbsp, cold
Egg Whites – 2
Water – 2 Tbsp
- Sift Almond Flour, Baking Powder, Xanthan Gum, Salt & Erythritol into a mixing bowl.
- With a fork, press cold Butter into the flour mixture until crumbly.
- In a separate bowl, whisk Egg Whites and Water until frothy.
- Mix Egg Whites with Flour until combined. Do not overwork.
- Keep mixture in the refrigerator for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Divide out mixture into approx 4-5 portions onto a parchment lined baking sheet. A round cookie cutter works well to form a round biscuit shape.
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes at 400 F.