Some people LOVE eggplant and some people HATE eggplant (or Aubergine, as our British friends call it). Try this super delicious and super easy Keto Creamy Eggplant recipe and you will definitely be amongst the lovers. It’s perfect as a side dish or on its own. The natural buttery texture of Japanese eggplants is perfectly paired with the nutty texture of sesame seeds and hemp hearts. It’s hard to believe that something so rich and creamy and delicious is a part of your Keto lifestyle. Try it today!
Macros per serving: Fat – 15g |Protein – 5g | Net Carbs – 5.5g | Calories –
Ingredients: (4 Servings)
Japanese Eggplants – 2 (approx 1 lb), cut into semicircle slices
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Ghee – 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Sesame Seeds – 1 Tbsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/2 tsp
Garlic – 1 Tbsp, minced
Green Chili – 1 or to taste, minced
Himalayan Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
Red Chili Powder – 1/2 tsp or to taste
Sour Cream – 4 to 5 Tbsp
Hemp Hearts – 3 Tbsp
Cilantro – few sprigs, chopped, for garnishing
- Heat Ghee & Butter in a non-stick pan on medium heat.
- Add Mustard Seeds and Cumin Seeds and allow them to sizzle.
- Add Sesame Seeds and Turmeric Powder.
- When the Sesame Seeds start popping, add Garlic and Green Chili and cook for 30-45 seconds.
- Add Eggplants and mix well to coat.
- Add Salt and Red Chili Powder and mix well.
- Cover and cook Eggplant until tender but not mushy. Stir in-between.
- Once Eggplants are tender, reduce heat to low and add Sour Cream. Mix well.
- Switch off the stove, add Hemp Hearts and mix well.
- Garnish with Cilantro and serve.