One of the first things a lot of people miss while being on the Keto diet is the traditional bowl of cereal for breakfast. Admittedly, it’s hard to make the crispy flakes that we are used to, but the way I see it, granola is the next best thing for breakfast. Pair it with some almond milk or coconut milk for a satisfying bowl of crispy goodness. This gluten free granola recipe also makes a wholesome and filling snack. Choose how you want the final product to be, whether you prefer little chunks or crumbles for breakfast or little bars as a snack. With just 2 net carbs per serving, the combination of heart healthy nuts and seeds is sure to keep you coming back for more.
Macros per serving: Fat – 15g | Protein – 5g | Net Carbs – 2g | Calories – 172
Ingredients: (makes 22, heaped 1/3 cup servings)
Sliced Almonds – 1 cup, toasted
Pecans – 1 cup, toasted
Desiccated Unsweetened Shredded Coconut – 1 1/4 cups, toasted
Chia Seeds – 1/4 cup
Sesame Seeds – 1/4 cup, toasted
Sprouted Pumpkin Seeds – 1/2 cup
Flax Seeds – 1/4 cup
Golden Flax Seed Powder – 1/2 cup
Erythritol – 1/2 cup
Butter – 1/4 cup, measured cold then melted
Vanilla Extract – 1 Tbsp
Cinnamon Powder – 1 Tbsp
Pink Himalayan Salt – pinch
Egg Whites – 2, beaten until foamy
- In a skillet on medium heat, lightly toast Almonds, Pecans, Coconut and Sesame Seeds, all separately.
- In a food processor, chop Almonds roughly. Remove into a mixing bowl and proceed to Pecans roughly. Add to mixing bowl.
- Add the following ingredients to the mixing bowl: Coconut, Chia Seeds, Sesame Seeds, Pumpkin Seeds, Flax Powder, Flax Seeds, Erythritol and Pink Salt. Mix well to combine.
- Melt butter and add Cinnamon Powder and Vanilla Extract. Mix well and pour over granola mixture. Mix again to evenly coat.
- Beat Egg Whites until foamy and pour over mixture. Mix well to evenly coat.
- Press granola evenly onto a large parchment lined baking pan and bake for 25 minutes at 300F.
- Once baked, remove pan from oven and allow granola to cool completely.
- Granola will be slightly soft when hot and will get crispy as it cools. If granola is still soft, place pan back in the warm oven to further dehydrate.
- Break granola into desired size crumbles and store at room temperature in a container with a tight-fitting lid.